I am a corporate attorney in Charleston, where I concentrate my practice on helping clients build legal strategies that support business growth and economic vitality in the region. I am well versed in a wide range of areas, including banking, creditors’ rights, commercial real estate, economic development incentives, and corporate and business planning, particularly in the area of taxation. I am a member of the firm's Agribusiness industry team.
My specific areas of focus include mergers and acquisitions, entity formations, purchase and sale of equity interests, commercial real estate transactions, probate and estate law, tax advice, and including advice regarding the taxation of businesses under Sub T, Sub K, or Sub S.
I earned a Master of Laws in Taxation from the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida, where I served as the graduate editor of the Florida Tax Review. Prior to law school, I was an Infantry Captain in the U.S. Army and served a 15-month tour in Baqubah and Baghdad, Iraq as an Infantry Platoon Leader and an Infantry Company Executive Officer.
Community & Professional
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives, Member
- South Carolina Bar, Tax Law Section
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Former U.S. Army Infantry Captain
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Justin enjoys spending time laboring over his grill soaking up the sweet aroma of hickory and oak lump charcoal, while continuously working to create his latest grilled culinary masterpiece. Justin also enjoys spending time outdoors hiking, hunting and fishing. His most memorable outdoor adventure was summiting Mt. Adams located in Washington State.
- Listed in Best Lawyers, "Ones to Watch" for Business Organizations including (LLCs and partnerships), Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law in 2021, 2022
- Graduate, Charleston Chamber's Leadership Charleston, 2018
- "Legal Elite of the Upstate" - Tax & Estate Law
- Graduate Editor, Florida Tax Review
- Book Award in State and Local Taxation
- Research Editor, Charleston Law Review
- CALI Awards: Partnership Taxation, Legal Research and Writing I, Historic Preservation Law, South Carolina Family Law
- Charleston Law Moot Court Board
- Panelist, Nexsen Pruet Opportunity Zone Seminar: Venturing into the Land of OZ, May 2019 - Charleston, SC
- 08.24.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 01.09.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- South Carolina