Our corporate practice covers a wide array of clients, from small local businesses and start-up companies to large businesses with locations across multiple states and international operations.
Our clients are successful in a wide range of industries, including banking and financial services, insurance, manufacturing, transportation, textiles, computers and other technologies, wholesale and retail sales, distribution services, agribusiness, construction, real estate development and management, and natural resources development.
Nexsen Pruet’s corporate legal services include:
- Contract review and negotiations
- Forming corporations (C and S), partnerships (including LLPs), limited liability companies (LLC), nonprofit corporations and charitable groups, and other business and eleemosynary organizations
- Formation of holding companies, QSubs, and joint ventures
- Corporate finance transactions involving both debt and equity capital markets
- Structuring and implementing acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, dissolutions, control contests, recapitalizations and other complex business transactions
- Corporate audits, updates, and modernizations
- Succession planning and generational transition
- Franchising and licensing
At Nexsen Pruet, we understand that entrepreneurial success is driven by vision, commitment, and a unique kind of energy. Our team reflects that spirit and provides the breadth of skills necessary to take businesses from idea to IPO (or wherever your final destination may be).
- 08.23.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 05.26.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 08.27.2020 | Media Mention
- 07.22.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 07.14.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 05.07.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 03.10.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 01.28.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 01.09.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 11.05.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 08.15.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 07.16.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 05.13.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 05.01.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 03.18.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 10.28.2021 | Webinar
- 08.31.2021 | Article
- 05.11.2021 | Article
Health care and corporate attorney Chandler Martin discusses compliance for clinical labs with federal fraud and abuse laws like the anti-kickback statute, the Stark Law, EKRA, and the False Claims Act.
Scott Saylor counsels businesses in a variety of industries in corporate matters including economic development initiatives, entity formation, joint ventures, acquisitions, and corporate expansion projects. He joins Nexsen Pruet from the North Carolina Railroad Company (NCRR), following a 31-year tenure, serving as President since 2000.
Nexsen Pruet attorneys and GreerWalker CPAs discuss steps all business owners should take to increase the ROI on the sale of their business. The program focuses on ways to increase the purchase price for your businesses, as well as provides insights on lowering your costs (and shortening the time it takes to close the sale of your business), which can have a dramatic effect on your net return.
Business owners and nonprofit leaders are experiencing different effects of COVID-19 on their overall well-being and performance.
As we begin to come out of the pandemic and get back to business, business owners are considering what this means for the continuity and growth of their business. Before COVID-19, some business owners had hopes of selling their business this year, while others had plans to expand.
1. What new capacities will your business need as the company emerges from this crisis?
2. What resources are available to identify transactional opportunities that might exist for your business?
- Jacob Allen
- Alexandra Austin
- Bryan L. Baysinger*
- Laurie A. Becker
- Eric H. Biesecker
- Bridget A. Blinn-Spears
- Jeanne M. Born
- David S. Bradin
- Yolanda Davis Brisco
- John Bruton
- Keith Burns
- David R. Cannon
- Tushar V. Chikhliker
- Darra James Coleman
- Franklin G. Daniels
- Todd R. Davidson
- Joseph Diab
- C. Jones DuBose, Jr.
- Ashleigh Greene
- David Hawkins
- Julian "Jay" Hennig III
- Justin Hoyle
- Edward M. Hughes
- Robert H. Hull
- Scott Jackson
- Fred L. Kingsmore Jr.
- Mark Knight
- Christopher Kouri
- Emery T. Levine
- Ken Lewis
- Leighton Lord
- Julie O Medich
- Edward G. Menzie
- Tonya Powell
- James K. Price
- Bobby Robinson
- Andrew W. Saleeby
- Scott M. Saylor
- Alexander Serkes
- Janet L. Shires
- John E. Skvarla III
- John A. Sowards
- Matthew H. Stabler
- Ray N. Stevens
- Joel Stoudenmire
- Weiwei Sun*
- Samuel W. Whitt
- William M. Wilcox IV