Strengthening the Lawyers of Tomorrow...Today
In 2008, Nexsen Pruet launched the Nexsen Pruet Diversity Scholarship Program. Each year, we award up to three $3,000 scholarships. As of the 2018 school year, we have awarded 39 scholarships with a total investment of $120,000.
Those go to minority law students planning careers in South or North Carolina and our hope is to:
- Support diversity within our firm and the bar
- Enhance educational opportunities for talented minorities in the field of law
- Inform minority law students of opportunities for private practice in the Carolinas
All scholarship recipients will be granted an interview for possible summer employment in one of the Nexsen Pruet offices upon completion of their first year of law school. Scholarship recipients are invited to re-apply for additional scholarships during their second and third years of law school.
Eligible students must be attending one of the following schools:
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- University of South Carolina School of Law
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- North Carolina Central University School of Law
- Charleston School of Law
- Elon University School of Law
- Campbell University School of Law