Shannon works in the firm's Health Care Practice Group, where she helps to support a range of practitioners and practice groups, hospitals, laboratories, and other entities as they navigate the increasingly complex field of health care. Shannon has experience assisting in certificate of need and related regulatory litigation, representation of hospitals in physician, patient, and payor disputes, federal regulatory health care compliance, advice related to health care transactions and affiliation structures, and a wide range of other health care matters.
During law school, Shannon worked as a Summer Associate in the Columbia office for multiple years, gaining experience in legal research, drafting documents and memoranda, and working with attorneys across a variety of practice areas – from white collar crime to economic development.
Shannon earned her law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and her undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina Honors College. During law school, Shannon was an Articles Editor for the South Carolina Law Review, and was elected Chair of the Honor Council. She was also a member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court.
Shannon is also invested in giving back to the community and devotes her time to a number of causes and pro bono matters, including by serving as a Richland County CASA guardian ad litem, a member of the United Way of the Midlands Education Council, and by regularly volunteering with Nexsen Pruet’s Women’s Leadership Initiative’s Next Steps Program, speaking to middle schoolers in the Midlands about professionalism, education, and safety.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Richland County CASA Guardian Ad Litem
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association; South Carolina Young Lawyers Division
- United Way of the Midlands, Education Council Member
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Outside of the office, Shannon enjoys running and being active, advocating for animals and doing all things Columbia. Like any good Columbia, South Carolina resident, Shannon is an avid South Carolina Gamecocks fan.
- S.C. Lawyer, "Wild Kingdom: ADA and Service Animals," July 2017
- JD Supra, “New All-Payor Anti-Kickback Law in Opioid Bill Impacts Clinical Laboratories,” January 2019
- JD Supra, “North Carolina Government Powers During Emergencies,” April 2020
- JD Supra, “The Cost of Cost Transparency for Hospitals,” July 2020
- 03.29.2021 | Article
- 01.12.2021 | Article
- South Carolina