Jeff Locker practices primarily in the areas of real estate development, commercial real estate, federal and state land sale registrations, banking and finance, corporate law, economic development and creditors' rights.
Jeff has 18 years experience in representing national, regional and local commercial and residential developers in all phases of real estate development including land acquisition, financing (including HUD insured and administered loan programs for multifamily, senior and assisted living real estate projects), drafting covenants, conditions, and restrictions for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments, federal and state land sale registrations and exemptions, establishing residential and commercial condominium projects, developing and financing senior housing and healthcare real estate developments and residential and commercial owners’ associations formation, governing documentation and turnovers.
Jeff also represents national, regional and local banking institutions in commercial loan transactions including loan workout agreements, deeds-in-lieu and foreclosures.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar
- Beaufort County Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Georgia Bar
- National Land Council
- Hilton Head Island/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce, Junior Leadership Program - Board of Regents
- Lowcountry Economic Network
- The Sandbox, An Interactive Children's Museum - Board of Directors
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Outside of the office, Jeff likes to spend time with his wife, Jill, and three children. He enjoys taking trips with his family, cooking, listening to live music, tennis, running and attending his children’s sporting and after school activities. He especially enjoys playing golf with his family, friends and clients.
A sample of some of the real estate developments that Mr. Locker has been involved with include:
- Palmetto Bluff and Oldfield (Beaufort County, SC)
- Hammond’s Ferry (North Augusta, SC)
- Grand Harbor and The Territories (Ninety-Six, SC)
- Wilderness Trail (Banner Elk, NC)
- The Bluffs on the Cape Fear (Brunswick County, NC)
- Autumn Hall (Wilmington, NC)
- The Reserve at Savannah Harbor (Savannah, GA)
- Leadership Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Graduate - Class of 2005-06
- South Carolina