Jay Hoodenpyl advises clients in the areas of real estate development and commercial leasing.
Jay frequently assists clients in meeting the most complex leasing challenges in order to provide positive long-term relationships between the landlord and tenant. His practice combines business acumen and foresight with a broad knowledge of leasing and a practical approach to negotiating contracts and leases.
He represents developers, land owners, and tenants in the leasing, acquisition, sale, and development of a variety of commercial real estate projects, including shopping centers, industrial properties, and mixed use developments.
Prior to joining Nexsen Pruet, Mr. Hoodenpyl practiced at Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP in Myrtle Beach and Troutman Sanders LLP in Atlanta. He graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, cum laude, and earned his juris doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law in Knoxville.
Community & Professional
- Leadership Grand Strand graduate, 2012-2013
- Rotary Club of Murrells Inlet
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Jay and his wife Valerie, a nurse, live in Murrells Inlet with their 4 sons. When he isn’t practicing law, Jay can usually be found with his family boating in the creeks of Murrells Inlet or the Waccamaw River. Jay has had a lifelong fascination with all things mechanical, and has restored a 1948 Ford pickup he purchased from a scrap yard.
- Represented one of the largest owners, developers, and managers of shopping malls in the United States in commercial real estate development and leasing.
- Represented a regional shopping center developer in leasing matters.
- Represented the owner of a large mix-use industrial project in leasing matters.
- Negotiated transactions with several of the largest department stores, more than a dozen chain restaurants and related franchises, and numerous owners and managers of mixed use and retail developments.
- Represented national chain of quick-service restaurants, including drafting and negotiating leases.
- Represented regional developers in site selection, development, and leasing matters.
- Represented the owner of a large multi-use retail complex in leasing matters.
- South Carolina