David Gossett’s leadership and innovative thinking are crucial not only to Nexsen Pruet, but also to many of the clients he represents. No matter how daunting an issue, David’s understanding spans beyond just the legal problem at hand: he has a deep understanding of the surrounding environment and of the clients themselves.
Nexsen Pruet's Agribusiness Industry Team
In 2015, recognizing that multiple practice groups were already representing Agribusiness clients, David mobilized and now chairs the firm’s Agribusiness Industry Team. The team includes all disciplines, ranging from permitting, immigration, financing, economic development and real estate, to name a few.
Nexsen Pruet helps represent growers, producers, processing and marketing facilities, and other areas within the sphere of agribusiness. Nexsen Pruet is one of very few firms in the Southeast to have an organized industry team dedicated to the needs of agribusiness clients.
Financing Fuels our Economy
David’s law practice is focused on representing lending institutions that provide financing that fuels America’s economy, including some of the larger agribusinesses in the country. He recognizes that without a qualified lender, it is practically impossible for businesses to start, grow or expand.
Because the very nature of economic development and real estate projects involve some element of risk, David’s decades of experience helps him provide perspective and advice that take the worry out of deals, whether they are asset-based, commercial or construction and development loans. When a need arises, David can guide clients through workouts and debt restructuring.
David serves on the board of Greenville S.C.'s Artisphere, one of the top-ranked art festivals in America.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Bar
- Palmetto Agribusiness Council - Rural Economic Development Committee
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Mr. Gossett is a native of the Upstate of South Carolina. He is a former rock climbing and whitewater kayaking instructor, and is an avid fly fisherman.
He lives in the mountains of North Carolina with his wife, Mary. They have two daughters and two grandsons.
- Lead counsel to lender consortium for combined $175,000,000 senior secured loans to group of timberland holding companies
- Lead counsel for syndicated lenders on $85,000,000 senior secured credit facilities to finance health care facilities
- Lead counsel to lending consortium for combined $57,500,000 term and working capital facilities to forest product processing companies
- Lead counsel to lending consortium for $65,000,000 revolving line of credit (asset- based) and $50,000,000 term loan to citrus processing and growing companies
- Co-lead counsel (collateral agent), for syndicated $600,000,000 credit facilities to sugar processing company
- Lead counsel for lending consortium on $200,000,000 asset-based revolving line of credit to cattle feedlot operation
- Lead counsel for lending consortium on $60,000,000 line of credit for oil and gas exploration entity in Oklahoma
- Lead counsel to lending consortium for $25,000,000 credit facilities for construction and operation of wood processing facility
- Lead bank counsel for $50,000,000 acquisition line of credit for holding company to purchase target companies
- Lead counsel for senior secured credit facilities totaling $19,000,000 to flooring products distributor
- Lead counsel for syndicated credit facilities totaling $70,500,000 to provide term debt and working capital for cement manufacturing company
- Lead counsel for syndicated $27,000,000 senior secured credit facility to pipe manufacturing company
- Senior counsel to consortium of lenders purchasing $305,000,000 of $1,500,000,000 senior secured term debt for multi-state timberlands
- Lead counsel for lender on $14,765,000 construction loan to finance a technology park
- Lead counsel to lender for $25,000,000 senior secured credit facilities for term debt, operating capital and acquisition funds for heating and air conditioning distribution company
- Lead counsel for lender on $18,000,000 senior secured credit facilities for wood pellet manufacturing plant
- Lead counsel for lending consortium on $68,000,000 credit facilities for construction of ethanol production plant
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A: Banking & Finance, South Carolina 2016-2022 and Real Estate, South Carolina 2005-2018
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law and Banking and Finance, Since 2010
- South Carolina Super Lawyers in Banking, Real Estate Law 2012-2018
- Greenville Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Upstate, 2015, 2018 and 2019 in Agriculture and 2022 in Agribusiness, Banking & Finance, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions
- BTI Client Service All-Star Attorneys 2016
Can Our Association Do That? FCA Adopts New Rule for Farm Credit Subsidiaries
Nexsen Pruet attorneys Pat Brown and David Gossett write about how the Farm Credit Administration has adopted a new final rule governing the ownership and use of unincorporated business entities (UBEs) by Farm Credit System institutions.
International Law Update
Appeals court says international contract requires litigation in England.
Top 10 Law Firms that Understand Economic Development
Nexsen Pruet is named among the top law firms in the Southeast for economic development - and is the only law firm listed in South Carolina.
Regular Presenter on the standards of conduct and ethical duties for Farm Credit Directors and Employees.
Faculty Member and Presenter, Regulatory Standards of Conduct and Fiduciary Duties; Directing Positive Change Conference, New Orleans, LA; January 2014
Faculty Member and Presenter, Legal Issues in Capital Markets Lending, AgFirst Lending Symposium, 2015/2016/2017
- 08.17.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
David Gossett, Nexsen Pruet attorney and Agribusiness Team Leader, talks about Farm Credit Boards of Directors, who they are, how they are comprised, and what their duties are.
- South Carolina
- North Carolina