Chandler works in the firm’s Columbia office and practices in the areas of healthcare and general business/corporate law. He focuses the bulk of his practice on assisting healthcare clients with regulatory, contractual and transactional matters and has represented a wide variety of health care systems, hospitals, physicians, physician practices, and other healthcare providers and healthcare-related businesses.
Chandler has extensive experience providing practical, responsive guidance to clients on a broad array of issues, including:
- Healthcare transactions, including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, practice combinations, and other affiliations
- General state and federal regulatory compliance
- Physician-Hospital contracting
- Healthcare contracts
- Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute guidance
- All aspects of long-term care, including licensing, regulation, and regulatory appeals
- Managed care and payor contracts and relationships
- Medicare, Medicaid and third-party payor coverage and reimbursement issues
- Healthcare vendor disputes and business disputes among physician partners and shareholders
- False claims analysis and guidance
- Independent physician affiliation and integration
- Healthcare reimbursement, coding, and billing
Chandler has supported, negotiated, and facilitated the closing of numerous healthcare transactions, including the acquisition/sale of health systems, hospitals, physician practices, urgent care centers, imaging centers, and management services organizations. He has also guided physician and other healthcare provider clients through the formation, operation, and closure of medical practices and healthcare operating companies, including large independent physician practices and integrated physician super groups.
He, along with the other members of Nexsen Pruet’s healthcare team, has served as outside general counsel for a number of health system and long-term care clients, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and continuing care retirement communities. He has guided these clients through healthcare transactions, regulatory compliance matters, licensing issues, legal disputes, regulatory inspections and investigations, strategic development, fraud and abuse matters, and numerous other healthcare matters.
Chandler earned his undergraduate degree in financial management and accounting, summa cum laude, from Clemson University and his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. During law school, he was the Articles Editor for the South Carolina Law Review and the recipient of CALI Awards in Legal Research and Writing I, Legal Research and Writing II and Advanced Legal Research.
Community & Professional
• Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
• Volunteer, United Way
• Volunteer, Samaritan’s Purse
• Volunteer, Lobster Races – Aiken, South Carolina
- Recipient of CALI Awards in Legal Research and Writing I, Legal Research and Writing II, and Advanced Legal Research.
- 06.25.2020 | Media Mention
- 06.03.2021 | Article
- South Carolina