Pre-Law and 1L Program
This year, Nexsen Pruet will host its inaugural daylong program to help diverse students successfully transition into law school and prepare for summer associate and judicial clerkship opportunities. The program will feature:
- Sessions on topics such as resume writing, interviewing skills, and legal writing;
- Transactional and litigation practice-based exercises/simulations;
- Panel conversation with diverse attorneys in the firm;
- Mentorship program extending throughout the school year; and
- Other programming throughout the year (i.e. mock interviews, resume reviews, pro bono projects, etc.).
The mentorship program will partner students with practicing legal professionals. Lawyer-mentors will advise on career development strategies and professional opportunities through regular communication, addressing subjects, such as:
- Best practices for applying to law firms, interviewing, and capitalizing on the summer associate experience;
- Understanding the variety and nature of practice areas;
- Advancing professional skills through pro bono service and clerkships; and
- Cultivating role models, mentors, and professional networks.
Monday, August 16, 2021
Monday, September 20, 2021