I am Special Counsel in the Intellectual Property Group and focus my practice on matters related to patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and entertainment law.
With nearly two decades of experience counseling clients ranging in size from individuals to Fortune 500 companies, I am prepared to tackle IP challenges with varying levels of sophistication and complexity. My range of experience includes preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent and trademark applications, negotiation of IP related agreements such as assignments, license and joint research/venture agreements and providing patentability and infringement opinions.
I have a wealth of international IP experience to offer clients as a consequence of practicing overseas for a number of years. I have prepared substantive international filings for the EPO (Europe), the JPO (Japan), CIPO (Canada), and SIPO (China), among others.
My entertainment law practice includes counseling, negotiating and litigating matters for individual artists and authors. I also represent entertainment-related companies, such as promoters, publishers and record labels.
Previously, I practiced with Philadelphia-based Nachmias Morris & Alt, P.C. in Columbia, Ehrlich & Fenster, Ltd. in Tel Aviv, Israel and Lott & Friedland, P.A. in Miami.
Community & Professional
- Miriam Barbosa Dance Company, Board of Directors
- JDRF Palmetto Chapter, Board of Directors
- University of Michigan, Columbia Spirit Club, Board of Directors
- Beth Shalom Synagogue, Board of Directors
- Carolina Patent, Trademark and Copyright Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar, In-House Counsel Committee
- Villanova University School of Law Minority Alumni Society
- Capital City Club, Network Club, Executive Board
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Outside Nexsen Pruet
When not in the office, Todd likes to experiment in the kitchen. His wife insists that his green coconut curry was the clinching factor in her decision to marry him. Raised on Chinese and traditional Jewish culinary delights (yes, they do exist, and no, we are not talking about gefilte fish), Todd enjoys preparing food for his family and friends almost as much as he likes to eat it, particularly Indian, Ethiopian, and Middle Eastern fare.
Todd also enjoys engaging in athletic/sporting endeavors of any kind, from cornhole to ice hockey to fly fishing, and spending time with his three young children, watching them participate in various activities, including travel soccer, gymnastics, dance, guitar, piano, and karate. Daddy’s little helpers also love to assist him with the planting of flowers in the garden.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America List for "Lawyer of the Year" for Intellectual Property in Columbia in 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Columbia Business Monthly's Legal Elite of the Midlands, 2013-2016 and 2018-2019
- "2016 Legal Elite of the Midlands" - Top Attorney Vote for Intellectual Property Law
- 06.10.2021 | Article
- South Carolina
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan