Suzanne (Suzi) Graham Grigg focuses her legal practice in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights. Throughout the course of any given day, Suzi works with a variety of financial institutions from traditional banks to credit unions to mezzanine lenders. Her practice covers the entire state of South Carolina. Whether it is negotiating with pro se Debtors or arguing cases in the South Carolina Court of Appeals Suzi holds her respect of the law in high regard and treats everyone as she would want to be treated.
When away from the office, Suzi is busy as a mother of two boys and a wife. She is also very active in professional and community organizations. Suzi has held leadership positions for the South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association and the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation. She has also served on the Board of Directors for the Oliver Gospel Mission, a ministry devoted to serving homeless men, women and children. Suzi currently serves on the Board of Directors for Daybreak LifeCare Center, a ministry devoted to saving lives and introducing the Gospel to the people Daybreak serves. Suzi's family is active at the First Baptist Church in Columbia, SC.
Suzi received a B.A. in History and German from the College of Charleston. She then spent a summer in Vienna, Austria, with a Loyola University School of Law Program. Suzi finished her first year of law school at Loyola and then received her Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond School of Law. She was a Law School Admissions Representative and a member of the Christian Legal Society.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Suzi is a busy person at work – and even busier when she gets home. Why? She has twin boys to chase! Thankfully, they have lots of extended family nearby with whom they spend time on a regular basis. When they have the chance, you’ll find them at the beach or near water and they will probably be planning their next trip out of town. Suzi’s allegiance is to the University of South Carolina Gamecocks, not much orange in her wardrobe (although she pulls for the University of Tennessee when not playing USC). She especially enjoys cheering them on the football field. Suzi and her family are members of First Baptist Church in Columbia.
- Suzi Grigg Honored by the SC Bankruptcy Law Association Attorney Suzi Grigg has been awarded the "William E.S. Robinson Public Service Award” by the SC Bankruptcy Law Association.
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association - Vice President (2011-2012); Treasurer (2010); Board Member (2008-2009)
- Oliver Gospel Mission - Board Member (2007-2012)
- International Womens Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation - Board Member (2010-2011)
- "Legal Elite of the Midlands" - Foreclosure
- "Legal Elite of the Midlands" - Bankruptcy
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law, Since 2016
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for "Lawyer of the Year" for Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law in 2021
- SC Bankruptcy Law Association Seminar, 2016
- SC Bar Bankruptcy Law Seminar, 2012
- Paralegal Seminar, Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights paralegals, 2012
- SC Master in Equity Bench Bar Seminar, 2011
- SC Bankruptcy Law Association Seminar, 2008
- Served as Chair for various SC Bankruptcy Law Association committees
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights lawyer Susi Grigg discusses how COVID-19 has affected Creditors' Rights law across the southeast and the country.
- South Carolina