Susan has worked in the legal industry for close to 30 years and in that time she has learned almost everything that there is to know about how a law firm operates. In her current role as the Chief Human Resources Officer, Susan oversees payroll, employee relations, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training and development, benefits and the 401k plan.
She is a strong advocate for the staff of the firm and regularly travels among our eight offices to meet with attorneys and staff to address questions and concerns.
Susan is dedicated to her work and is passionate about the people who make Nexsen Pruet run smoothly day in and day out.
Community & Professional
- Association of Legal Administrators – 2003-Present
- USO of North Carolina/Charlotte Center Volunteer – 2009 to Present
- Board Member of Coventry Row Homeowners’ Association – 2017 to Present
- President of Coventry Row Homeowners’ Association – 2008 to 2017
- LMA Southeastern Chapter Board Member – Director of Technology – 2009; Director of Finance – 2010
- LMA Charlotte City Group Leader – 2006-2009
- Charlotte YMCA Membership Committee – 2006-2009
- Member of RAIN Support Team – 2003-2005
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Susan has a strong love of learning and never shies away from change. This is most notable in the fact that she went back to receive her undergraduate degree as an adult all while working a full-time job and raising two sons and graduated summa cum laude and was Valedictorian of her class.
Susan is a Top Chef in her kitchen and has an infectious laugh that draws everyone in - - this combination means that on most weekends you will find her whipping up a delicious meal for a crowd of family and friends.
Her family has a long history of military service to the USA. Her grandfather, father, uncles, brother and son have or are currently serving our country. In an effort to give back, Susan volunteers at the USO of North Carolina/Charlotte Center. She enjoys providing meals, a place to rest and an ear to listen to someone who is about to be deployed or provide comfort to the family of a fallen soldier. It is her honor to be a part of such a worthwhile organization.