Seth Hudson is a registered patent attorney with over 17 years of experience in all phases of international and domestic patent matters. His practice includes patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, and non-competes. Seth's experience consists of patent and trademark preparation and prosecution before both the United States Patent and Trademark Office and foreign patent and trademark offices in the chemical, mechanical, and electro-mechanical fields.
Seth regularly litigates complex patent, trademark, and copyright infringement and trade secret misappropriation cases. He litigates cases through discovery, trial, and appeal in state and federal courts in North Carolina, South Carolina, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Georgia, Idaho, and California.
He is proactive with his clients and counsels them in obtaining, protecting, licensing and enforcing intellectual property, including providing patentability, infringement, and freedom to operate opinions.
Seth also works with clients in areas such as data security, trade secret, advertising, and non-competition issues, including best practices to minimize litigation risks. He regularly conducts trade secret audits and advises his clients on strategies to employ to protect their trade secrets and drafts appropriate nondisclosure and nonuse agreements for protected disclosure.
Community & Professional
- American Intellectual Property Law Association – Professional Programs Committee; Trade Secrets Committee; Trademark Litigation Committee
- Arts & Science Council’s Volunteer Lawyers for Artists
- South Carolina Intellectual Property and Innovation Committee
- National Eagle Scout Association
- Cub Scout Pack 3- Assistant Cub Master
Listed in Legal Elite, Business North Carolina magazine-Intellectual Property, 2016-2021
- “Protective Orders May Not Be So Protectable,” American Intellectual Property Law Association’s Annual Meeting October 2019.
- “Architectural Designs: A Copyright Perspective,” News and Notes, South Carolina Bar’s Construction Law Newsletter, June 2009.
- “Best Practices For Negotiating Protective Orders and Third Party Involvement,” American Intellectual Property Law Association’s Annual Meeting, October 2019.
- “Obama Administration’s Trade Secret Initiative,” American Intellectual Property Law Association’s Spring Meeting, May 2013.
- “Protecting Your Intellectual Property Rights,” The Artist as an Entrepreneur Institute, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- “An Inventive Approach to Mental Illness & Substance Abuse,” North Carolina Bar Association CLE, February 2009.
- 11.02.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
Eric Mills, Intellectual Property lawyer and practice group leader with Nexsen Pruet, introduces four new IP team members.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States Patent and Trademark Office