Scott Jackson concentrates his practice in the areas of business transactions, corporate finance, business law, mergers and acquisitions, securities, franchise law and general corporate law.
Typical engagements for Scott include:
- Commercial contract preparation and review
- Structuring and implementing acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, dissolutions, and reorganizations
- Advising franchisees
- Structuring private securities offerings and compliance with federal and state securities laws
- Representing lenders and borrowers in asset based loans
Since 2011, Scott has been included in The Best Lawyers in America for corporate law. Scott is a member of the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, and their Sections on Business Law. He was a member of the Nexsen Pruet Board of Directors from 2014 - 2020.
He received his B.B.A., magna cum laude, in finance from Marshall University and his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a member of the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Outside of Nexsen Pruet, Scott has enjoyed coaching youth soccer, playing soccer and hockey, and skiiing. When not busy practicing law, skiing or playing hockey, you may find Scott and his wife Kim enjoying the beautiful NC mountains and the New River in Ashe County.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law, Since 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Former member, Nexsen Pruet Board of Directors
- 08.18.2022 | Firm News
- North Carolina