There are litigators and there are trial lawyers. Paul is a trial lawyer.
Although he can skillfully navigate discovery issues, argue pre-trial motions and be creative in settlement negotiations, Paul has what “litigators” do not have—substantial experience in the trial of complex cases.
Experience that Matters
Paul’s history of successfully representing both plaintiffs and defendants gives him the perspective needed to skillfully guide clients through the most contentious and complex lawsuits. His broad based experience includes representation of clients in class actions, multi-district litigation, mass tort and toxic tort cases, serious personal injury and wrongful death cases, products liability cases, real property disputes including condemnation actions, securities and broker fraud cases, business torts and contract actions, and defective building product and construction defects lawsuits. Having served as both an arbitrator and a mediator, he understands the keys to obtaining favorable outcomes in alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Paul’s record of achievement in diverse legal disputes is reflected in the fact that “Best Lawyers in America,” recognizes Paul in three different categories: Bet-the-Company Litigation, Real Estate Litigation and Business Torts Litigation.
Community & Professional
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2007-2014
- Trial Attorneys Association; American Board of Trial Advocates and Union Internationale des Avocats
- Trial Attorneys of America, Board Member
- Recipient, Workers Achievement Award, 2017
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
Paul's notable experience includes:
-Catastrophic Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
-Defective Building Products
-Broker Fraud Litigation
-Bank and ATM Security
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Real Estate since 2003
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for "Lawyer of the Year" in Charleston for Litigation - Real Estate in 2015
- Listed, Charleston Business Magazine's Legal Elite of the Low Country - Business Litigation, 2018
- Speaker, Nexsen Pruet's Litigation CLE Series: Direct and Cross Examination: Do's and Dont's, February 26, 2019
- 02.13.2020 | Media Mention
- 01.30.2020 | Media Mention
- 10.29.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court For the District of South Carolina; Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals