Norm joins Nexsen Pruet from Vandeventer Black. He concentrates his law practice in condemnation, land use and property rights litigation. Norm is a seasoned litigator with over 45 years of trial experience. He has spent his career working with private and public condemnors such as rural electric cooperatives and municipalities in land and easement acquisitions. Norm also represents landowners in highway and easement takings. He serves as general counsel for Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative which is the electric utility which serves Hatteras and Ocracoke Islands on the Outer Banks on North Carolina.
Community & Professional
- North Carolina, Wake and Dare County Bar Associations
- North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation’s Counsel Association
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Committee on Condemnation, Zoning and Land Use
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Norm enjoys walking with Gilly, his chocolate lab, hiking with his children, and working in his yard and garden. He also enjoys fishing, as seen below.
When not engaged in the practice of law, Norm has been actively involved in his community. He served as a member of the Dare County Board of Education and Chaired its High School Facilities Task Force. He also served as a Director of the Roanoke Island Historical Association (producer of the “Lost Colony” outdoor drama), Founding Director and Chairman of Friends of Nags Head Woods (support group for The Nature Conservancy), as well as the Director, Officer and Legal Counsel of the Outer Banks Community Foundation.
- Highest ability and ethics rating by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America in Eminent Domain and Condemnation, Since 2011
“Takings for Beach Nourishment and Ocean Access” at North Carolina Advocates for Justice Seminar on “Land Condemnation: Water Wars” on 28 April 2017
“Unity in Condemnation Actions” in Real Estate Lawyer, volume 31, number 6, November 2015.
- 02.26.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 03.25.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- North Carolina