Michelle is an Associate in the Raleigh office where she focuses her practice on commercial litigation, employment litigation, and product liability.
Michelle joined the firm's litigation team after developing her pre-trial experience both in private practice and as a law clerk.
Michelle previously worked as an associate at an international law firm where she assisted clients in complex commercial litigation, including in class action and multidistrict litigation.
She served as a law clerk for the Honorable Joi E. Peake for the U.S. District Court of the Middle District of North Carolina before joining Alston & Bird in Raleigh. Michelle received her J.D., magna cum laude, from William & Mary Law School in 2017, where she was a member of the William & Mary Law Review. Michelle received her B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina Aiken in 2006.
Community & Professional
PRO-BONO AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Law Firm Anti-Racism Alliance – Healthcare Working Group Committee
- North Carolina Bar Association – Women in the Legal Profession Committee
- 100+ Hours of Pro-Bono Legal Work – 2021, 2022
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Michelle spends most of her free time with her family. Michelle is also an avid crocheter and has amassed an impressive (unhealthy) yarn collection.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina