Larry Cobb practices primarily in the area of utility regulatory law.
While serving in the N.C. House of Representatives and in the N.C. Senate, he was elected as Minority Leader of both bodies. From 1989 until 1997, Larry was a member of the N.C. Utilities Commission.
Larry worked as a legal research assistant at the Institute of Government at Chapel Hill before receiving a direct commission into the United States Air Force Judge Advocate General Corps. He retired as a colonel after three years active duty and twenty-seven years in the Reserve. Mr. Cobb was in private practice in Charlotte from 1962 to 1989 with Fairley, Hamrick, Monteith & Cobb and its successor firms.
Community & Professional
- Lawyers of North Carolina, Inc.
- UNCC Athletic Foundation
- Alpha Sigma of Chi Psi, Inc.
- UNC Law School Association
- Lions Club
- American Cancer Society
- Kidney Foundation of Mecklenburg County
- Epilepsy Association
- Auditorium-Coliseum-Civic Center Authority in Charlotte (1982-1988)
- George Bush for President Committee, N.C. Chair (1980 & 1988)
- N.C. House of Representatives (1971-1976)
- N.C. Senate (1985-1989)
- Advisory Budget Commission
- Court Commission
- Governor's Highway Safety Commission, Past Chair
- Governor's Crime Commission, Past Chair
- University of North Carolina Board of Governors (1977-1985)
- North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court