Kelly Jones is an accomplished litigator with experience representing a wide range of clients, including construction companies, top brand product manufactures and sellers, propane and natural gas companies, chemical manufacturers, and medical device companies. With more than 20 years of experience assisting clients across the US, Kelly has successfully tried high profile matters to jury verdict in North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. Kelly is 100% driven and committed to obtaining the best results for her clients.
Before joining Nexsen Pruet, Kelly worked at a transatlantic law firm where she helped lead a Catastrophic Events Team, which provided emergency response needs for clients involved in explosions, fires, chemical or other toxic exposures, natural disasters, governmental investigations, and construction work site events. She assists clients with respect to inspections, investigations, and enforcement actions involving the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB), the DOJ, and other federal, state and local regulators. Kelly also enjoys assisting clients with risk management and litigation avoidance, and has conducted training seminars for client's representatives and their distributors.
- Represented large national propane company in high profile matter involving a gas explosion at client's large LPG Plant facility, a major news event that involved multiple burn victims, significant property damage and destruction of thousands of LPG containers. Conducted company investigation into the incident including cause and origin, and coordinated interactions with investigating agencies including OSHA, ATFE, EPA, state fire marshal, state department of agriculture, US CSB, local police, fire and emergency responders. Continued representation in contentious litigation with OSHA, multiple personal injury lawsuits and EPA.
- Defended golf product manufacturing plant in claims brought by injured amputee alleging multiple safety deficiencies and violations of OSHA regulations.
- Assisted large commercial scaffolding company in OSHA and personal injury matters arising from a scaffolding collapse at a high rise construction work site involving multiple fatalities.
- Represented owners of large vacation home in OBX in a personal injury deck/railing collapse matter. Case involved alleged wood rot/deterioration at a multi-million dollar property. Plaintiff, who plunged from a high deck, claimed significant back, leg and genitalia injuries and wife's loss of consortium. Successfully worked-up difficult contributory negligence case and the matter settled for nominal amount just prior to trial.
- Large international food processing plant explosion involving four fatalities and dozens of seriously injured workers- represented manufacturer of critical safety component used in natural gas/propane systems in the wrongful death and personal injury litigation. Negotiated favorable settlement in the multi-plaintiff litigation matters and obtained outright dismissals in the other wrongful death cases.
- Represented hazardous waste client in emergency response, class action litigation, personal injury and property damage lawsuits stemming from explosion (with resulting plumes and evacuations) at client's hazardous waste storage facility. The matter received considerable local and national media coverage. Conducted company investigation into the incident, coordinated interactions with investigating authorities (CSB, DNR, DE, etc.), in addition to defense of class action and other personal injury and property damage matters.
- 01.01.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 01.28.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
Kelly Jones shares considerations regarding workplace safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit