Julie Medich is a member in the firm's Charleston office with the Corporate/Tax and Real Estate practice groups. Julie counsels clients on a full range of commercial real estate and corporate transactional matters with a focus on real estate acquisition, sales and loan work, contract negotiation, corporate formation and mergers and acquisitions. She is recognized for being a versatile and resourceful business and commercial real estate attorney dedicated to the success of her clients' ventures.
Prior to joining Nexsen Pruet, Julie worked with a midsized Southeast law firm where she led the Corporate practice group. Julie also clerked for the Hon. David Harwell, former Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court, and for the Hon. Jean H. Toal, former Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court. She was a certified public accountant with PriceWaterhouse in Chicago prior to attending law school.
Community & Professional
- Liberty Fellowship, former board of directors, former Chair
- American Bar Association, Business and Real Estate Sections
- South Carolina Bar, Corporate Law/Specialty Bar Sections
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Charleston Regional Development Alliance, former Executive Committee Member and Board Member
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, former Executive Committee Member and Board member
- Tri-county Cradle to Career Collaborative, former Board Member
- Trident United Way, former Board Member
- Charleston Stage Company, former Board Member
- Roper Hospital, former Board Member
- The Best Lawyers in America© Corporate Law: 2009-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America© Mergers and Acquisitions Law: 2013-2020
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leadership in Law Award: 2017
- Liberty Fellow, Class of 2014, participant in The Aspen Institute Global Leadership Network
- Recipient of the role Model Award from the Trident United Way Women's Leadership Council: 2012
- Charleston Regional Business Journal "Influential Women in Business" Award Finalist: 2010
- Selected for the inaugural edition of the Martindale-Hubbell® bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ for female attorneys who have received the highest possible rating, AV, in both legal ability and ethical standards from their peers
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and robe
- South Carolina Law Review, Articles Editor
- 03.10.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- Webinar Series: Food & Beverage Session 2- Workforce Issues in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry
Across the Carolinas, food and beverage manufacturing is growing, with companies developing disruptive innovation and platforms. Join Nexsen Pruet for an industry update highlighting trends, challenges, and recent successes.
- 04.07.2021 | Episode 50: Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Julie Medich (CHS) and John Skvarla (RAL) on Food & Beverage Manufacturing
Food and beverage manufacturing is an economic development sub-sector that's taking off across the Carolinas, so Nexsen Pruet is diving deeper into the subject. Why is this taking off here, and why now? Attorneys John Skvarla (Raleigh) and Julie Medich (Charleston) join The Buzz to discuss trends they are seeing, as well as to highlight NP's upcoming Food & Beverage Friday Webinars. Both sessions are *free* and *virtual,* so anyone can join from anywhere (need we say more?).
- South Carolina