Jones is a member of the firm's corporate and securities practice group. His legal practice is focused on the areas of business formations, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate law. Jones has experience handling a wide spectrum of business issues that cover multiple industries, including:
- Structuring and implementing mergers, acquisitions, dissolutions, recapitalizations, divestitures, and reorganizations
- Structuring private securities offerings and compliance with state and federal securities laws
- Negotiating, structuring, and documenting complex corporate and LLC governance structures
- Commercial contract preparation and review
- Documenting other highly complex business transactions
- In addition, Jones has experience in multiple healthcare transactions involving M&A and securities for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician-hospital joint ventures, nursing homes, and medical practices. He also advises Boards of Directors on governance issues, and drafts organizational and governance documents for other healthcare organizations.
Jones is listed as a leading Corporate/M&A Lawyer in South Carolina by Chambers USA, and has an AV ranking by Martindale Hubbell. Since 2010, he has been included in The Best Lawyers in America in the Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Securities Regulation areas.
Jones received his law degree, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was Associate Articles Editor for the South Carolina Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif, Order of the Wig and Robe, and the John Belton O'Neall Inn of Court. He received a B.S., cum laude, in financial management from Clemson University.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar - Corporate, Banking and Securities Section - Former Chairman
- Still Hopes Episcopal Retirement Community - Board Member
- Harvest Hope Food Bank - Former Chairman of the Board of Directors
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- Columbia Film Society, Nickelodeon - Former Secretary and Board Member
- Columbia Rotary Club
- Served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Karen J. Williams of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Served on the South Carolina Department of Revenue’s "blue ribbon" committee on the modernization of state corporation and LLC laws
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Corporate/M&A, South Carolina 2018-2020
- Columbia Business Monthly's Legal Elite of the Midlands, 2018, 2019 and 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Leadership Columbia Graduate
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, and Securities Regulation, Since 2010
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for "Lawyer of the Year" for Mergers and Acquisitions Law in Columbia, S.C. in 2015 and 2020, Securities Regulation in 2017 and Corporate Law in 2019 and 2021
- 08.17.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 01.17.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
Nexsen Pruet's newest webinar series is focusing on Life Sciences companies in the Carolinas. These webinars will focus on various legal and regulatory issues that Life Sciences companies deal with on a daily basis. They are also designed to provide updates and strategies on how to deal with these issues.
- South Carolina