Since before law school, Jamie Hedgepath has been assisting employers with employment and labor law related issues. What began in college as an interest in employment and labor law has resulted in Jamie being certified as an Employment and Labor Law Specialist by the South Carolina Supreme Court almost 20 years later.
Jamie focuses his employment practice on clients with South Carolina roots, but also assists clients across the country, including Georgia and North Carolina. In this role, he advises and represents clients in all types of employment matters, including discrimination, harassment, accommodation, FMLA, wage payment and discharge matters, to name a few.
Jamie is also a seasoned employee benefit litigator with a national benefit litigation practice that focuses on litigation of disputed life, health, disability, and bad faith claims, as well as fiduciary liability issues.
The Proof Is In The Results
Having obtained more than 50 favorable court decisions in benefit matters in federal and state courts, including appellate decisions, Jamie’s track record has made him a go-to attorney for insurers, plan sponsors, administrators, and fiduciaries. In addition, he has assisted clients in favorably resolving more than 200 benefit matters informally or at mediation.
Whether it’s an employment law issue or a benefit issue, Jamie provides clients with effective advice and efficient representation that helps clients reduce and manage risk.
Community & Professional
- Greater Easley Chamber of Commerce – FormerBoard Member
- Piedmont Area Human Resource Association (PAHRA) – Board Member
- DRI Life Health and Disability Committee – Committee Member
- DRI Employment and Labor Law Committee – Committee Member
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Jamie is an avid SCUBA diver and has travelled around the world to explore all types of dive sites. From search and recovery dives in local lakes, to shark dives, to decompression dives of World War II wrecks in Truk Lagoon, Micronesia, he is happy to just be in the water with mask, fins, and a regulator.
Jamie also travels extensively exploring the national parks of the United States with his wife, three children, and a camera. When he is not working or travelling, you will find Jamie being very active at Tabernacle Baptist Church in Greenville, South Carolina, as well as fishing, hunting, and spending time with his family – hopefully at a Clemson University sporting event.
Representation of a not for profit entity in successfully demonstrating that enterprise coverage did not exist under the FLSA and avoiding significant fines and back pay that would have crippled operations
Successful resolution of numerous matters in court and at mediation for insurers, plan sponsors, and fiduciaries in ERISA and non-ERISA matters throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia
Obtained favorable court decision for Fortune 50 company while arguing against precedent
Representation of regional restaurant and retail chains of stores in South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia including issues involving employee handbooks, wrongful discharge, and harassment and discrimination.
- A Sampling of Labor & Employment Law Issues for 2013 –Piedmont Area Human Resource Association
- Who Wants To Be An HR Millionaire – Piedmont Area Human Resource Association and South Carolina SHRM State Conference
- Jamie frequently speaks at the firm’s Employment & Labor Law Quarterly Breakfast Briefings and he is also a regular contributor to the firm’s Employment & Labor Law monthly newsletter.
- 08.16.2021 | Article
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- Georgia Superior Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Bar Associations
- South Carolina
- Greenville County