George J.F. Bullwinkel, III practices primarily in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, commercial real estate, and administrative law, including permitting, zoning and land sales registrations; development agreements and economic development.
George represents clients in securing economic development incentives, large tract rezoning approval and infrastructure agreements with various agencies, counties and municipalities of the State of South Carolina, primarily in Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester and Jasper Counties.
George has been involved in several large, notable real estate development projects for WestRock Land Development (Nexton, Summers Corner, Spring Grove, and Magnolia - a partnership between WestRock and Magnolia ARC, LLC); Gramling Brothers (Cane Bay, Reverie on the Ashley); and Newland Communities (Nexton).
Before joining Nexsen Pruet, George spent five months in Northern Ireland in 2004 as a project manager with Larne Enterprise Development Co., working on various economic development projects.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Charleston County Conservation Bank Board (2006-2016)
- Trident Technical College Foundation, Board of Trustees (Executive Committee, 2009-2018)
- Hibernian Society, Management Committee (2010-present)
- Hibernian Society, Treasurer (2014-2016)
- Charleston Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2013-2015)
- Co-Chairman, March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction (2018)
- Carolina Yacht Club
- Urban Land Institute
- Board of Directors, Charleston Parks Conservancy
- Assisted WestRock with all the development work for all their major mixed-use developments (Nexton, Summers Corner, Spring Grove, Magnolia). The projects include thousands of residential units, large class A office buildings, commercial and industrial sites, new schools, hotels, apartments, recreational and convention areas. George and the NP team handled entitlement, real estate purchase, builders and commercial contracts, title work, opinion, and infrastructure work.
- Handled the due diligence, rezoning and acquisition of five school sites using the 1 cent bond referendum funds for Berkeley County School District.
- Assisted Palmetto Railways in the acquisition of the H&B short line railroad in Colleton County working with the Department of Commerce and the State Oversight Board for approval.
- Provided zoning advice to TR Boulevard II, LLC, for a $30mm luxury apartment complex in Mount Pleasant, SC.
- Represents Gramling Brothers on the Cane Bay Development.
- Charleston Business Journals' 40 Under 40 list - 2011
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2010
- Recognized by Chambers USA, Real Estate, South Carolina 2018-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- South Carolina