Representing the real estate industry has been an integral part of the framework of Nexsen Pruet for decades. As Practice Group Leader, Franklin Daniels aims to carry on that mission.
"Committed to my client's success."
Franklin Daniels is a results-driven leader in and out of the law firm setting. His broad background in tax, banking and financing, corporate America and real estate law has provided him with a wealth of experience that he puts to work every day for his clients in a number of different capacities.
- Corporate and general business law
- Economic development
- Tax Credits
- Real estate
- Coastal development
- Builder agreements
- Development agreements
- Purchase agreements
- Buy sell agreements
- Opportunity Zone matters
- New Market Tax Credit transactions
Franklin has been involved with bringing new business to the coast of South Carolina as well as the Carolinas in general. His practice includes real estate tax planning and tax appeals, real estate development and related agreements, contracts and leases, assisting local and Fortune 500 companies with operations, structuring and economic development incentives, and assisting lenders and borrowers in all types of financing, as well as advising on other complex business matters.
With Franklin’s thorough understanding of real estate transactions and corporate negotiations, he successfully represents businesses with real estate development, zoning, sales, government approvals, non-profit and tax-exempt issues, state and local government taxation matters, military housing privatization and hotel and convention center projects. Franklin has deep experience in New Market Tax Credit transactions and Opportunity Zone matters, as well as work related tax credits.
Leadership for NP
Franklin is the Managing Member of the firm’s Myrtle Beach office. In that capacity, he oversees the office structure and day-to-day operations. He makes certain the office works together to achieve the firm goals and strategy.
Additionally, Franklin is Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group made up of deep rooted real estate attorneys in eight offices across the Carolinas. The firm appointed Franklin to this position in 2011 and since then he has been a driving force for the group, a mentor to many and a valuable and commendable asset to the real estate practice and the firm’s management team.
Leadership in the Community
Franklin has served as a leader in the community throughout his entire career. Most recently, he was appointed to the Board of Directors of the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics (GSSM) Foundation. He also serves on the board of visitors for the Medical University of South Carolina and the board of trustees of Brookgreen Gardens. He served on the board of directors of the E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration at Coastal Carolina University and was a member of the school’s College of Humanities and Fine Arts Board of Visitors for several years prior to this appointment.
Additionally, he is past president of the Friends of Brookgreen Gardens; a past chairman of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce's Board of Directors; a former member of its Executive Committee and its Legislative Policy Council; a member of the Executive Committee of the Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation; a former member of the Low Country Day School Board of Trustees; and a past board member of the South Carolina Alzheimer’s Association Palmetto Chapter and the Georgetown County Habitat for Humanity.
Franklin also served on a subcommittee of Gov. Mark Sanford’s Commission on Management, Accountability and Performance, and was a member of the board of directors of the South Carolina Captive Insurance Association and BCI Insurance Services, LLC. He was also a member of the Class of 2008 of the Liberty Fellowship Program of South Carolina.
Community & Professional
- South Carolina Educational Television Commission - 7th Congressional District, 2019 - 2025
- South Carolina Governor's School for Science and Mathematics (GSSM) Foundation, Board of Directors, 2015-2018
- Medical University of South Carolina, Board of Visitors
- Wofford College President's Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- Brookgreen Gardens, Board of Trustees
- Friends of Brookgreen Gardens, Past President
- Liberty Fellowship of SC, Class of 2008
- Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation Executive Committee (2008-Present); Secretary (2009-present)
- Coastal Carolina University E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration, Board of Directors (2008-2009)
- Coastal Carolina University, Robin W. Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts, Board of Directors (2005-2008)
- Low Country Day School, Board of Trustees (2007-2010)
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Grand Strand Graduate
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member/Executive Committee and Chairman of the Legislative Policy Council; Mitigation Committee Leader, Myrtle Beach Area Recovery Council/Long-Term Recovery Task Force and Treasurer and Chairman of the Finance Committee
- Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board (2010-2011)
- Habitat for Humanity Georgetown County, Board of Directors (2005-2007)
- SC Alzheimer's Association, Board of Directors (2004-2005)
- Governor's Commission on Management, Accountability and Performance, Subcommittee (2003)
- Prince George Property Owners Association, Vice President (2001-2005)
- SC Captive Insurance Association, Board Member (2005-2007)
- BCI Insurance Services, Board Member (2005-2007)
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Franklin and his wife LeAnne live in Pawleys Island with their two children, William and Caroline. Franklin enjoys spending time with his family, boating, hunting, cooking, entertaining and traveling. He attends Prince George Winyah Episcopal Church and is an avid collector of unique wines.
- Listed in Chambers & Partners USA - "Leading Individual" in Real Estate Law, 2013-2015
- Certified Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management Yellow Belt
- Presenter, Myrtle Beach Downtown Redevelopment Corporation: Myrtle Beach Opportunity Zones Investor Forum, April 2019 - Myrtle Beach, SC
- Presenter, Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS Commercial Investment Division – Quarterly Commercial Broker Breakfast: Opportunity Zones and Commercial Real Estate Development, March 2019 - Myrtle Beach, SC
- Presenter, Opportunity Zones Mid-management training, December 2018
- Presenter, Opportunity Zones 101, November 2018 - Georgetown County
Co-author, "South Carolina State Tax Traps And Pitfalls", South Carolina Lawyer magazine, May 2013
- 09.16.2020 | Media Mention
- South Carolina
- Horry County
- Georgetown County