Bridget Blinn-Spears is a recognized litigator who helps employers navigate the complexities and peculiarities of managing each unique workforce. She also assists clients with structuring and conducting internal investigations, as well as advising on appropriate documentation and remedial measures.
Her practice, based in Raleigh, North Carolina, focuses on employment-related litigation. She defends her clients in state and federal courts against claims involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation, restrictive covenant/non-compete agreements, and wage and hour disputes - including collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act. She also handles tort claims against individual defendants.
Bridget provides strategic guidance on a wide range of issues including:
- corrective actions
- performance management
- restrictive covenants
- responding to employee complaints
- employment classification and compensation structure
- regulatory compliance
- crisis management and emergency response
- policy development and revision
- handbook development and revision
In addition to her employment-related work, Bridget regularly works on corporate transactions, providing due diligence support and revising purchase agreements. She evaluates and advises on potential risks, adds appropriate language for representations and works through indemnification issues. She advises on and handles the transition process, force reduction and employee notification. She also prepares and amends employment agreements and related contracts.
Bridget also regularly advises schools, colleges, and universities regarding compliance and best practices regarding Title IX and The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and conducts related training and investigations.
Community & Professional
- Texas Bar Association
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Bridget spends most of her time out of the office with her family. She and her husband and their four children can often be found exploring the many beautiful parks around the state. Her kids appreciate her love of local craft beer – they have lots of opinions about the best food trucks and kid activities at family-friendly breweries.
- Advised Charlotte, North Carolina-based, Carousel Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm, in the sale of HEPACO, LLC, a leading provider of critical environmental services on both an emergency response and planned basis in the Eastern United States, to San Francisco, California-based Gryphon Investors, a growth-focused middle market private equity firm. Read more here.
- Listed, Super Lawyers® magazine, Texas Rising Star, 2011
- Listed, Super Lawyers® magazine, North Carolina Rising Star, 2014-2017
- 06.29.2021 | Media Mention
- 01.01.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 06.03.2020 | Media Mention
- 02.10.2020 | Media Mention
- 01.10.2019 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 06.02.2021 | Article
- 04.07.2021 | Article
- 01.20.2021 | Article
Mandating and incentivizing vaccines remains a complicated and controversial topic. Nexsen Pruet's Bridget Blinn-Spears breaks down what the new EEOC guidance means for businesses and employees.
Now in its seventh year, we hope that you will join us for the 2021 Employment Law Certificate Series certification series as we expand upon content covered in previous programs to deliver more in-depth and advanced educational sessions across a range of areas critical to mitigating disputes and building highly effective and productive workplaces.
- 2021 Employment Law Certificate Series - New Year, New Administration, New Legal Changes for Employers
Recent elections will result in changes to employment laws and regulations. In this webinar, Nexsen Pruet attorneys discuss: Anticipated legislative and executive branch initiatives, probable changes to employment laws, regulations, and executive orders, and pro-union labor law plans.
Bridget Blinn-Spears, Special Counsel with Nexsen Pruet’s Employment and Labor Team, discusses some recent shifts in EEOC’s enforcement efforts during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio