With more than twenty years of experience, Blair counsels clients on all state and federal environmental laws, real estate development, land use mining & energy development, and business law. He has handled matters involving major environmental statutes such as NEPA, CERCLA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, water law, and utilization of natural resources. Representing clients in environmental litigation, Blair has worked with municipalities and special districts, as well as private sector clients in the agribusiness industry.
Blair has extensive experience in mining, having handled permitting of surface mines and underground mines on private and federal lands. He has negotiated federal right-of-way agreements, assisted in obtaining approvals for Plans of Operation, Notices, Mine Plans and Reclamation Plans.
In an area unique to his practice, Blair has many years of experience in Indian law, representing public and private clients in court, administrative proceedings before the BIA and Interior Board of Indian Appeals, and tribal court.
Blair received a B. A. degree from Colgate University and a J. D. from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Outside Nexsen Pruet
Outside of Nexsen Pruet, Blair has a passion for motorsports & auto racing, and he aspires to someday join the Nexsen Pruet 24hrs of lemons race team. He collects vintage cars and enjoys working on them. He also enjoys sailing, skiing, traveling, and spending as much time as he can outdoors.
University of San Diego School of Law Recognitions
- James R. Webb Environmental Law Award, May 2000
- CALI Award for Excellence in the Study of Environmental Law 1999
- Highest Grade in Class, 3L Federal Environmental Law Practicum, 2000
- State Bar of California (No. 224929)
- American Bar Association
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- El Dorado County Bar Association
- All California Courts
- U.S. District Court for Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribal Court
- Honorary faculty member, School of Law, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City D.F., MX
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- American Exploration & Mining Association