Amelia Waring is based in the firm's Columbia office, where she concentrates her practice in litigation matters. Amelia brings her firsthand knowledge of the South Carolina court systems and experience with district and state court judges when assisting clients.
Prior to Nexsen Pruet, Amelia worked as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Jean H. Toal. She also previously worked as a law clerk at both the South Carolina Circuit Court and the United States District Court, District of South Carolina for the Honorable J. Michelle Childs.
Community & Professional
- Member, Richland County Bar
- Board Member, South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (2017-2020)
- Member, Colonial Dames of South Carolina
- Member, John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court
- Member, Washington and Lee Fifteen Year Reunion Committee
- Member, Jean Hoefer Toal Portrait Committee
- Member, The Honorable J. Waties Waring Statue Committee, 2013-2015
- Co-author, Appellate Practice in South Carolina, 3rd Edition
- Contributor, Madame Chief Justice Jean Hoefer Toal of South Carolina (University of South Carolina Press)
- South Carolina