January 2, 2013
Nexsen Pruet attorneys Amy Clayton, Elbert Dorn, Jennifer Hollingsworth, Frank Kirschbaum, Mary Shahid and Kirsten Small have been elected Members (Partners) of the firm effective January 1, 2013.
Amy Clayton, Columbia
- Practices in the areas of commercial real estate, general business and corporate law, and commercial lending, with special emphasis on real estate development and commercial leasing.
- Leadership Columbia graduate
Elbert Dorn, Myrtle Beach
- Devotes his practice to products liability, pharmaceutical and class action litigation.
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® for Product Liability Litigation since 2007
- Listed in South Carolina Super Lawyers® for Personal Injury: Products (2009-2012)
Jennifer Hollingsworth, Columbia
- Practices in the Business and Commercial Litigation Practice Group
- Contributing editor to the "Tort Law Desk Reference: A Fifty State Compendium" (South Carolina portion), 2006-2009 editions
- Participant in the Nexsen Pruet Womens Leadership Initiative
Frank Kirschbaum, Raleigh
- Represents medical practices, hospitals and other types of health care entities.
- Experience in a broad range of regulatory and transactional matters, including certificate of need issues concerning medical devices, facilities and services.
Mary Shahid, Charleston
- Environmental law attorney with extensive experience working on matters related to environmental permitting, property disputes and real estate litigation.
- Prior to entering into private practice, she was Chief Counsel of Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management (OCRM) for the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC).
Kirsten Small, Greenville
- Focuses her practice in appellate law in state and federal courts.
- Represents clients in white-collar criminal proceedings, particularly at sentencing and on appeal, and is also a member of the firm's business litigation group, where she focuses on appeals and critical motions practice.
Nexsen Pruet, LLC is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head, and Myrtle Beach, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh, N.C. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national, and international venues.