Firm debuts at no. 197 on Am Law 200
June 13, 2019
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that the firm has been recognized by The American Lawyer as a 2019 Am Law 200 firm.
Debuting at no. 197, Nexsen Pruet is one of only two Columbia-based law firms included in the publication's list.
"Nexsen Pruet being listed among the highest grossing law firms in the United States is a result of the hard work and dedication of our attorneys and staff," said Howard Janis, Nexsen Pruet's Chief Financial Officer. "With a focus on our clients' experience and intentional process updates, we made great strides in 2018 and look forward to building on those successes in the future."
According to The American Lawyer, the Am Law 200, a ranking of the 200 highest-grossing law firms in the United States, is reported by ALM business of law journalists and researchers. The first portion of the list, The Am Law 100, was published in the May 2019 issue of The American Lawyer. The Second Hundred, featured in this issue, consists of firms ranked 101-200 by their gross revenue. Most law firms provide their financials voluntarily for this report. Some choose not to cooperate, so we make estimates based on our reporting. But all data is investigated by our reporters.
Additional 2019 Nexsen Pruet recognitions:
- The South Carolina Bar Association named Nexsen Pruet their Pro Bono Firm of the Year
- Nine practice areas and 31 attorneys were ranked highly in Chambers USA
- 37 Nexsen Pruet attorneys were named Super Lawyers®
- Christy Myatt and Lisa Sumner named to Top 50: 2019 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers® list
- Cheryl Shoun was recognized in JD Supra's 2019 Readers' Choice Awards as one of the top authors writing on insurance issues for the legal industry
Nexsen Pruet is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 180 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national and international venues.