Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
May 1, 2019
Nexsen Pruet has ranked highly in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for another year.
The legal guide recognizes nine firm practice areas and acknowledges 31 attorneys.
Notably: For the second year in a row, Ed Menzie has been ranked in both Real Estate and Corporate/M&A.
This is the fifteenth consecutive year the firm has been ranked in the areas of Real Estate, Corporate/M&A, Banking & Finance, Labor & Employment, and Litigation. The firm has received the highest possible ranking, Band 1, for South Carolina in Corporate/M&A: Banking and Finance, Environment, Labor & Employment, Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate; as well as, Band 1 for NC Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Band 2 for NC Construction.
- Banking & Finance (Recognized Practitioner)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Recognized Practitioner)
- Corporate/M&A: Banking & Finance
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate
- Jones DuBose (Columbia)
- Jay Hennig (Recognized Practitioner) (Columbia)
- Mark Knight (Columbia)
- Ed Menzie (Columbia)
Corporate/M&A: Banking & Finance
Labor & Employment
- Mark Bakker (Greenville)
- Sarah Batson (Greenville)
- Cherie Blackburn (Charleston)
- Molly Cherry (Charleston)
- Jennifer Cluverius (Greenville)
- David Dubberly (Columbia)
- William Floyd (Columbia)
Litigation: General Commercial
- Marc Manos (Columbia)
- Susan McWilliams (Columbia)
- Billy Wilkins (Greenville)
- Marguerite Willis (Columbia)
- George Bullwinkel (Charleston)
- Leighton Lord (Columbia)
- Ed Menzie (Columbia)
- Neil Robinson (Charleston)
- Jim Warren (Greenville)
Rankings in Chambers USA are based on more than 10,000 interviews conducted across the country. Attorneys are rated based on factors including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities valued by clients. Lawyers and firms making the list are widely considered to be leaders in the fields.
Nexsen Pruet is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national, and international venues.