South Carolina Super Lawyers® & Rising Stars
May 15, 2018
Eighteen Nexsen Pruet attorneys have earned recognition as South Carolina Super Lawyers®, while eight have been included among the publication's list of 2018 Rising Stars.
The attorneys recognized on these lists received the highest point totals in their respective categories in the nomination, research and peer review process.
2018 South Carolina Super Lawyers®
- Cherie W. Blackburn - Employment Litigation, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Molly Hughes Cherry - Employment & Labor, Business Litigation, Professional Liability
- Marvin D. Infinger - Business Litigation, Transportation/Maritime, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- R. Bruce Wallace - Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Real Estate, Estate & Trust Litigation
- Bradish "Brad" J. Waring - Business Litigation, Transportation/Maritime, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury - Products
- Henry W. Brown - Construction Litigation, Business Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- David E. Dubberly - Employment & Labor, International
- William H. Floyd III - Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation, Employee Benefits
- Fred L. Kingsmore Jr. - Tax, Estate Planning & Probate, Estate & Trust Litigation
- W. Thomas "Tommy" Lavender Jr. - Environmental, Environmental Litigation, Administrative Law
- Marcus A. "Marc" Manos - Business Litigation, Government Contracts, Intellectual Property Litigation, Utilities, Securities Litigation, Insurance Coverage
- Susan "Susi" P. McWilliams - Personal Injury - Products, Professional Liability, Employment & Labor
- Julio "Rick" E. Mendoza Jr. - Bankruptcy, Business Litigation
- Marguerite S. Willis - Antitrust Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts, Business Litigation
- Mark W. Bakker - Employment & Labor, Alternative Dispute Resolution, General Litigation
- David W. Gossett - Banking, Real Estate
- Andrew A. Mathias - Business Litigation, Business/Corporate
- William "Billy" W. Wilkins - Civil Litigation, Appellate, Criminal Defense: White Collar
2018 Rising Stars
- Sarah Sloan Batson - Employment & Labor, General Litigation (Greenville)
- Stephen D. Bittinger - Health Care (Charleston)
- Kyle A. Brannon - Creditor Debtor Rights (Columbia)
- James "Jimmy" A. Byars - Employment & Labor (Columbia)
- John P. Carroll - Real Estate (Hilton Head)
- Melissa Fried Spence - Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor (Charleston)
- Ashley Robertson Parr - Employment & Labor (Greenville)
- Burl F. Williams - Business Litigation (Greenville)
About Super Lawyers®
In both categories, candidates are determined through a nomination process and evaluated based on indicators of peer recognition and professional development.
The annual listing in Super Lawyers® is awarded to no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in each state. The Rising Stars designation is given to no more than 2.5% of those lawyers in each state who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing for fewer than 10 years. Learn more about the selection process.
Nexsen Pruet, LLC is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, S.C. as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, N.C. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national, and international venues.