April 12, 2019
The attorneys recognized on these lists received the highest point totals in their respective categories in the nomination, research and peer review process.
2019 South Carolina Super Lawyers®
- Cherie Blackburn - Employment Litigation
- Molly Hughes Cherry - Employment & Labor
- Ron Jones - Bankruptcy
- Bruce Wallace - Business Litigation
- Henry Brown - Construction Litigation
- David Dubberly - Employment & Labor
- William Floyd III - Employment & Labor
- Fred Kingsmore Jr. - Tax
- Tommy Lavender - Environmental
- Marc Manos - Business Litigation
- Susi McWilliams - Products Liability
- Rick Mendoza - Bankruptcy
- Marguerite Willis - Antitrust Litigation
- Mark Bakker - Employment & Labor
- David Gossett - Banking
- Andrew Mathias - Business Litigation
- William "Billy" Wilkins - Civil Litigation
2019 South Carolina Rising Stars®
- Sarah Sloan Batson - Employment & Labor
- Kyle Brannon - Creditor Debtor Rights
- Jimmy Byars - Employment & Labor
- Ashley Robertson Parr - Employment & Labor
- Melissa Fried Spence - Employment Litigation
About Super Lawyers®
In both categories, candidates are determined through a nomination process and evaluated based on indicators of peer recognition and professional development.
The annual listing in Super Lawyers® is awarded to no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in each state. The Rising Stars designation is given to no more than 2.5% of those lawyers in each state who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing for fewer than 10 years. Learn more about the selection process.
Nexsen Pruet is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national and international venues.