Senior Docketing Paralegal- Raleigh, NC
Nexsen Pruet (Raleigh location) is seeking a full-time Intellectual Property Senior Docketing Paralegal with a minimum of 3-5 years IP docketing experience (preferably using PATTSY or similar docketing software). The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team, have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and have strong communication, multi-tasking, and proofreading skills. Must be able to maintain accuracy and productivity standards
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for updating and maintaining the Patent docket; docketing due dates, running reports, and working collaboratively with other IP staff to maintain the system, and ensure that critical IP deadlines are properly calendared for action by appropriate IP Attorneys and Staff. Maintain records in PATTSY docketing database and ensure consistency throughout database; processing and docketing/confirmation of all incoming USPTO mail, client e-mail, faxes and US/Foreign postal mail; verifying and clearing deadline and reminder dates; docketing and maintenance of annuity/maintenance fee instructions, collaborate with third-party annuity payment service to ensure all due dates and payments are properly satisfied. Create and run daily docket reports, along with any client reports, as requested. Assist with special projects as needed.
- Knowledge of the patent prosecution process and maintenance for both domestic and foreign matters.
- Self-starter with a great work ethic.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Superlative organizational and calendaring skills.
- Great client skills - (communicate effectively with a variety of clients).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Maintain an appropriate level of technical knowledge and skills to perform a job to completion.
- Must be proficient using Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe, PowerPoint a plus.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- High school diploma required. Additional secretarial, business or technical training helpful.
- Prior law firm experience preferred.
- Knowledge of procedures and practices before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Foreign prosecution docketing experience required.