Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent
Nexsen Pruet, PLLC is seeking a Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent to work with its Intellectual Property Practice Group. This position can be located in any of our offices, and remote work will be considered.
- Strong technical background and excellent writing skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or engineering field is required.
- Eager to learn.
- Patent Technical Specialist candidates do not need to have prior patent law experience or any legal experience.
- Patent Agent candidates must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Work closely on large and small client service teams to provide business-oriented client patent procurement and related intellectual property services.
- Candidates will be trained on how to identify inventions through technical discussions with inventors, draft comprehensive patent applications, respond to Office Actions from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and other patent offices globally, provide instructions to non-U.S. patent attorneys and agents, analyze patent portfolios, provide client counseling, and carry out other intellectual property related activities.
The Intellectual Property Practice Group of Nexsen Pruet has an immediate opening for a Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent with a background in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering, computer science or computer engineering. This position can be based in any of our offices.
The Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent will work with our attorneys and other staff to prepare and prosecute patent applications and to provide other patent-related services. No prior legal experience or patent experience is required. The Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent will be trained as needed, including on how to identify inventions through technical discussions with inventors, draft comprehensive patent applications, shepherd patent applications through the USPTO and other patent offices globally, and carry out other intellectual property related activities. Candidates will work closely with experienced lawyers who will provide active mentoring and opportunities to assume increasing levels of responsibility, including direct client contact. If desired by the high-performing Patent Technical Specialist or Patent Agent, this position can evolve into an attorney role.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to our HR Specialist by using the form below,
or by emailing email@example.com.