Mobile Device and Administrative Specialist - Columbia, SC
The role of Mobile Device and Administrative Specialist will be designated to one or more of our Service Desk Analysts, whose position reports to Director of Technology of Maynard Nexsen, and is also under the guidance of the Maynard Nexsen Service Desk Manager.
This role provides primary support for mobile handheld devices in the firm. The individual would support a large user population of smart devices that include iPhones, iPads and Androids working through multiple wireless carriers. Also, the role will involve managing and processing the Technology Department’s billing invoices through the Chrome River payment system.
The ideal individual should possess technical skills sufficient to use device management software to activate, modify, or remove managed devices. This person will be the primary contact for inbound trouble calls (assisted by our Service Desk when needed), and support the employee population via phone, email, and in person, to resolve technical issues and questions. Also, this person should be comfortable with working on a team as other requests may arise.
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated proficiency with latest in smart devices such as iPhones, iPads and Androids while understanding of wireless carriers and plans. At least one year of experience in technology, working with mobile technologies, and be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. The qualified candidate will possess the following attributes:
- impeccable customer service skills
- exceptional oral and written communication in a professional environment
- troubleshooting and computer technical abilities
- availability after or before regular business hours
- fast learner
- general administrative and financial knowledge
- high energy level
- understands critical deadlines
- team player
The Mobile Device and Administrative Specialist would be expected to perform:
- Supporting smart devices like iPhones, iPads and Androids.
- Manage the wireless accounts including moving lines to and from the accounts.
- Place orders for new iPhone and Android equipment. on Verizon and AT&T websites.
- Help users activate and restore personal data to the new device.
- Use the MDM MobileIron to connect users to corporate email and apps needed for business. Devices include iPhone, iPad, Samsung and Pixel.
- Answer all tickets and issues related to mobile devices and take lead on any issues with the MobileIron Server.
- Work with IT engineers and management to help implement, troubleshoot and maintain changes to the MobileIron Server.
- Do monthly maintenance window testing as it pertains to mobile devices and the MobileIron Server.
- Attend and present mobile options during new attorney orientations.
- Process Bills from TD Billing, NP email and postal mail and enter into Chrome River.
- Save those bills to FileSite for future reference.
- If the invoice is a software or hardware renewal, then the renewal dates and vendor need to be recorded in ClientSight (HighQ).
- Work with the Accounting Department and Vendors in researching any issue with invoices.
- Work with VAR’s on hardware orders and software/hardware renewals.
- Work with Technology Management on all software/hardware renewals and hardware orders.
- Process the wireless bills through Chrome River monthly.
- Maintain the Mifi devices and manage the inventory.
- Travel to remote offices to setup new users if necessary.
- Work with the Technology Director in creating the Technology Budget.
- DUO Administrator responsible for setting up two factor authentication on mobile phones for access to Firm systems.
- Add users to the BigHand Server and setup the app on user devices and train on how to send a dictation.
- Generally, assist the Service Desk or Technology Department as needed.