Safeguarding your intellectual property
An excerpt from Managing Intellectual Property's “IP Stars"
"Attorneys at the firm handle various degrees of intellectual property work, representing clients in both contentious and non-contentious patent, trademark and copyright matters. ... Nexsen Pruet stands out in terms of its attorneys' experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications both domestically and abroad."
Nexsen Pruet's Intellectual Property Group represents clients with a broad range of intellectual property issues, including Internet law. They can help your business build and keep its collective know-how, secure rights to its innovations, clarify its message to employees and customers, and develop its reputation, all vital in the new economy.
The attorneys who practice in this area include seasoned patent, trademark and copyright attorneys with a wide array of technical backgrounds and experience. Our lawyers are experienced in acquisition of intellectual property rights, intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution. They also have done extensive transactional work, including licensing, technology transfer agreements, employer/employee IP rights agreements, and due diligence and quality valuation related to buying and selling businesses.
Providing a full range of IP legal services
The technological backgrounds and legal experiences of our attorneys provide the skills and insight required to find practical solutions to meet your needs. The firm offers a full range of services in intellectual property law, including:
- Preparing and prosecuting patent, trademark and copyright applications around the world
- Licensing, negotiating and drafting agreements regarding patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and know-how
- Managing domestic and international patent and trademark portfolios
- Identifying and protecting trade secrets
- Identifying trade dress infringement and related unfair competition claims
- Litigating intellectual property matters through the various court systems and in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including patent, trademark, and copyright infringement claims, theft of trade secrets, and unfair competition claims
- Arbitrating and mediating intellectual property disputes
- Identifying and protecting critical employee know-how
Nexsen Pruet’s IP team is active in dozens of countries around the world. Our team has filed more than 1,200 international patent applications and more than 750 international trademark applications on behalf of clients.
We can help ensure that your innovations and intellectual property are protected not only here in the United States, but in emerging markets and established economies across the globe. That helps maximize the value of your intellectual property.
Our intellectual property attorneys are also members of our Innovation Team, which exists to support startup companies. The Innovation Team includes lawyers whose experience touches on virtually every area vital to start-ups, helping young companies overcome challenges, minimize risks and maximize their opportunities for success.