Comprehensive health care counsel
Health care is perhaps the most dynamic, complex and heavily regulated industry in our country. As the Affordable Care Act takes effect and health care providers, suppliers and payors adapt to a new and still uncertain environment, experienced legal counsel will be more important than ever.
We represent several hundred physicians and numerous hospitals on an on-going basis throughout the southeast. Many health care clients also call upon our lawyers for special projects dealing with a broad range of issues.
We provide a wide-range of health care related legal services, including:
- Antitrust advice and litigation
- Managed care contracting
- Information systems
- Development and operation of integrated delivery systems and other health care joint ventures
- Mergers, acquisitions and consolidations
- Payor/patient/provider relationships
- Physician/hospital relationships
- Long-term care
- Various health care litigation matters
- Regulatory matters
- Certificate of need proceedings
- Medical staff matters
- Tax advice for tax-exempt and taxable organizations
- Securities advice and representation for public and private organizations
- Various licensure matters
- Reimbursement planning
- Creation and maintenance of compliance programs
- Health care fraud and abuse matters
- Risk management issues
- Provider/payor disputes
- Professional disciplinary proceedings
- Legislative advice and representation*
- Physician referral issues
- Advice on accreditation matters
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Defense of False Claims claims
- Various employment and benefits advice in the health care sector
- Privacy breeches in health care sector
Experienced advice for critical decisions
Nexsen Pruet supports our clients with attorneys located throughout the southeast who are experienced in all areas of law concerning the regulation, delivery, and financing of health care services. We provide advice on an on-going basis to several major provider networks in South Carolina. In addition, Nexsen Pruet provides counsel to hospitals and physicians relating to the sale of physician practices.
Our health care lawyers are frequent speakers at seminars on topics such as physician/hospital relationships, managed care contracting, formation of integrated delivery systems and physician hospital organizations, and other regulatory topics.
In addition, the Firm's service to its health care clients is enhanced because the health care team is able to draw upon the knowledge of other specific teams, such as corporate, finance, litigation, labor and employment, legislative and regulatory, tax, and employee benefits.
*Nexsen Pruet’s staff includes experienced, registered lobbyists.