Litigation Paralegal - Columbia, S.C.
Nexsen Pruet is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal for its Columbia office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation and handle all electronic filing of pleadings and discovery in federal and state court cases
- Assist with preparation of documents in administrative matters
- Analyze, review, and organize documents and data produced during discovery
- Prepare document production and responses to discovery requests and deposition summaries
- Prepare records and deposition subpoenas
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience;
- Paralegal certification; and
- Three or more years of litigation paralegal experience.
Candidates should have the following skills and/or attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Comfortable managing a large number of cases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with extensive multi-tasking
- Strong work ethic
- Experienced in electronic document discovery and database management
- Familiarity with State and Federal Courts
- Familiar with discovery tasks and trial preparation
- Experienced in litigation software (Doculex, Concordance, Casemap & Sanction)
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Nexsen Pruet is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 180 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national and international venues.