Legal Practice Assistant: Health Care, Bankruptcy - Charleston, S.C.
Nexsen Pruet is seeking a full-time Legal Practice Assistant to work in the health care and bankruptcy practice areas in its Charleston office.
This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate, a newly certified paralegal, an experienced LPA looking for a change or motivated individual interested in working in a legal environment. Candidate must be able to multi-task, display initiative and produce an excellent work product.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate needs.
- Ability to prioritize workload and use judgment in decision making to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact with lawyers and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Self-starter with great work ethic.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Superlative organizational and calendaring skills.
- Great client skills - (communicate effectively with a variety of clients).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent document management skills.
- Knowledge of court litigation rules and procedures preferred.
- Maintain appropriate level of technical knowledge and skills to perform a job to completion.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe. PowerPoint, a plus.
- Docket and calendar management
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence
- Coordinating meetings
- Interacting with clients
- Time entry
- Running conflicts
- Opening and maintaining client files, including filing
- Processing client bills and expense reimbursements
- Travel logistics
Please send resume to:
HR Recruiting Specialist
P. O. Drawer 2426
Columbia, SC 29202
Or email resume to:
Nexsen Pruet is one of the largest law firms in the Carolinas, with more than 190 attorneys and offices in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, as well as Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina. Founded in 1945, Nexsen Pruet provides a broad range of legal services to the business community and represents companies and other entities in local, state, national and international venues.