Legal Practice Assistant - Charleston, South Carolina
Nexsen Pruet (Charleston location) is seeking a full-time Legal Practice Assistant in the Corporate/Commercial Real Estate practice areas with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Candidate must be able to multi-task, display initiative and produce an excellent work product. Ideal candidate has had exposure to transactional, corporate, tax and real estate matters.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good organizational and calendaring skills.
- Great client skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with researching corporate status with state governmental offices.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent document management skills.
- Great work ethic.
- Proficient in CM/ECF-filing.
- Proficiency in Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); PowerPoint a plus.
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence
- Coordinating meetings
- Interacting with clients
- Formation of Corporations/LLCs
- UCC Searches/Filings
- Running conflicts
- Opening and maintaining client files
- Processing client bills and expense reimbursements
- Travel logistics