Legal Practice Assistant - Columbia, South Carolina
Nexsen Pruet (Columbia location) is seeking a full-time Legal Practice Assistant in the employment practice area with a minimum of 5 years’ legal secretarial experience. Candidate must be able to multi-task, display initiative and produce an excellent work product.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate needs
- Ability to prioritize workload and use judgment in decision making to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact with lawyers and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
Applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Self-starter with great work ethic.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and be self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Superlative organizational and calendaring skills.
- Great client skills - (communicate effectively with a variety of clients).
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent document management skills.
- CM/ECF-filing and state court filings experience preferred.
- Knowledge of court litigation rules and procedures preferred.
- Maintain appropriate level of technical knowledge and skills to perform a job to completion.
- Must be proficient using Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe, PowerPoint a plus.
- Docket and calendar management
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence
- BigHand Dictation
- Coordinating meetings
- Interacting with clients
- Time entry
- Running conflicts
- Opening and maintaining client files, including filing
- Processing client bills and expense reimbursements
- Travel logistics