Business Litigation Associate - Columbia, SC
Nexsen Pruet is seeking a highly motivated Business Litigation Associate to join its growing litigation practice in Columbia, South Carolina.
Ideal Candidate - 2-4 years litigation experience
Experience and Background:
- Minimum two years’ experience.
- Must have prior courtroom experience and have previously assisted and/or managed litigation files.
- Preference with experience in commercial and/or business litigation.
- Preference with prior experience in Federal Courts and State Courts.
- Draft and review pleadings, discovery and briefs.
- Strong legal analysis and writing skills.
- Interpret state and federal statutes, rulings and regulations related to the Firm’s practice, and provide legal analysis and conclusions as appropriate.
- Document file activity in accordance with the Firm and client’s policies and procedures
- Review documents thoroughly for relevancy, accuracy and redaction, and ensure compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with clients in a responsive manner to maintain and further develop client relationships.
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Business development potential.
For consideration – please submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary history
- Law School Transcript