Business Development Manager - Columbia, SC
The Business Development Manager will work closely with practice group leaders, industry team leaders, firm attorneys and other business development team members to support all business development and marketing activities for assigned practice groups and geographic markets.
This position is located in the firm’s Columbia, South Carolina office and reports to the Chief Client Service Officer.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Work closely with firm leaders to define a strategic direction for the assigned practice groups.
- Serve as practice group advisor for specific practice areas and client teams as assigned. Meet regularly with practice group leaders. Assist assigned practice groups and teams in developing actionable business development plans that will be tracked and updated regularly.
- Research, identify and target new business development opportunities from existing clients and/or prospects.
- Produce pitch materials and RFP responses for the firm’s practice groups; prepare detailed research and analyses of targets, including running conflict reports, drafting and editing materials; and monitoring and tracking trends and report results.
- Play a key role in lateral integration and support for assigned practice groups.
- Offer one-on-one coaching to attorneys on pitches, and follow-up with prospective clients.
- Stay abreast of current developments and trends impacting industries, clients and prospects.
- Make recommendations on membership and participating in industry organizations and publications.
- Support practice group leaders with budgeting of practice group expenses as required and follow up throughout the year.
- Gather information on representative work, deals and matters for practice group meetings and directory submissions.
- Oversee firm sponsored events and sponsorships for assigned practice groups, including attendance and follow up with a focus on building client relationships.
- Negotiate agreements and manage participation in sponsorships and ensure the firm receives maximum return on its investment.
- Foster a business development culture by being approachable, providing coaching and advice on business development, and being a sounding board for possible projects.
- Eight+ years of demonstrated success in professional services marketing, preferably in the legal marketing area.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, business, or communications-related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required. Familiarity with ContactEase and Gwabbit/Intapp a plus.
- Some travel between offices (North and South Carolina) is required
- Excellent written and presentation skills a must. Follow through, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
Please email resume to:
Nexsen Pruet is an AM Law 200 Firm with more than 200 professionals in eight offices providing regional capabilities with international strengths.