When it comes to the pharmaceuticals industry, two things are clear: The landscape of health care is rapidly changing. And to remain successful, companies must continue to seek the highest standards of innovation while managing all of the evolving issues that come with today’s new operating environment – from increasing regulatory scrutiny to heightened competition from generic providers.
The attorneys of Nexsen Pruet understand the trends reshaping the pharmaceuticals industry and have the experience and backgrounds necessary to handle the gamut of concerns facing pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and health care service companies.
We help clients stay at the forefront of advancements and breakthroughs in medical care by employing legal strategies that support virtually every phase of a company’s development and product lifecycle.
Clients in the pharmaceuticals industry turn to us for our broad-based knowledge in:
- Intellectual property licensing, protection, and enforcement, including issues with patents, copyrights, and trademarks
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Structuring and negotiating corporate alliances, partnerships, and collaborations
- Evaluations of capital projects
- Public and private equity and debt financings
- General securities and corporate governance/compliance matters
- Research and development financings
- Technology licensing and contracts
- Compliance with marketing programs, research and development initiatives, regulations and regulatory entities, and tax law
We help clients understand the laws and regulations applying to industries working in the chemistry, biotech and pharmaceutical areas. We assist in securing the required permits or licenses from local, state and federal agencies. We also assist clients with government inspections and government representation.
The federal agencies we have experience working with include:
- Food and Drug Administration
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Department of Agriculture
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- 04.30.2021 | Article
- 04.16.2021 | Article
The future of the life sciences industry is bright in South Carolina. Nexsen Pruet's health care practice group leader Matthew Roberts highlights the economic impact of one of the State's fastest growing industry sectors.
- Ralph W. Barbier
- Gary L. Beaver
- Tushar V. Chikhliker
- C. Jones DuBose, Jr.
- David P. Ferrell
- Michelle L. Frazier
- Mark Harmon
- Alice V. Harris
- Jennifer J. Hollingsworth
- Justin Hoyle
- Christopher Kouri
- Tommy Lavender
- Alan M. Lipsitz
- Chandler Martin
- Nikole Setzler Mergo
- E. Eric Mills
- Matthew B. Roberts
- Jim P. Rourke
- John E. Skvarla III
- George T. Smith III
- Marguerite S. Willis
- Clint Wimbish