Sometimes, despite the best efforts of expert tax lawyers and CPAs, federal, state or local government authorities may decide to audit tax returns or even challenge them. In those cases, you need experienced, deeply knowledgeable legal counsel representing you.
We work closely with our clients to achieve the best possible outcome in administrative and judicial proceedings. Our goal, always, is to help clients achieve their personal and business objectives by providing sound counsel rooted in extensive legal experience.
We represent individuals, fiduciaries, corporations, partnerships, other business entities and organizations before the Internal Revenue Service, including the Appeals Office. We also handle matters before state and local tax authorities in connection with examinations of our clients’ tax returns.
Our tax litigation attorneys frequently appear before judicial forums that resolve tax matters, including:
- United States Tax Court
- United States Bankruptcy Courts
- United States District Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and state trial and appellate courts
- 07.14.2020 | News from Nexsen Pruet