Our experienced federal tax team works skillfully and diligently to minimize the tax impact on corporations, closely held businesses and their owners, and high net-worth individuals and executives.
Our tax attorneys bring substantial knowledge and experience to bear in creating value for our clients. Several of them hold advanced degrees in tax and others are also Certified Public Accountants. We help clients with mergers and acquisitions, investing, real estate transactions, and minimizing tax liabilities.
We provide sophisticated tax planning for businesses, families and individuals across a range of transactions and situations, working to reduce taxes.
Business tax planning
Our federal tax team has extensive experience with business tax issues. They regularly provide counsel on a wide range of matters, including:
- Tax-free reorganizations
- Taxable acquisitions
- Consolidated group issues
- Tax accounting methods
- Financial products, including debt and equity offerings
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
- Real estate transactions, including like-kind exchanges and transfers
- Tax treatment of corporations and shareholders (including S corporations and consolidated groups)
- Tax treatment of partnerships and partners (including limited liability companies and members)
International tax planning
Navigating the complexities of tax liabilities across international boundaries is a challenging, dynamic area of tax law. Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with the U.S. taxation of international operations, U.S. tax reporting associated with foreign residents and nonresident taxpayers.
Nexsen Pruet also has an International Law Group that provides additional legal counsel for businesses and individuals dealing with a wide range of cross-border business, immigration and trade issues.
- 06.24.2021 | News from Nexsen Pruet
- 04.20.2021 | Article