Employment Law Resources & News
Articles we've recently shared:
- UPDATE: Impending September 30 Deadline for EEO-1 Pay Data Collection
- Foreign Manufacturer + Union Campaign = Netflix Documentary... and Some Valuable Lessons for Employers
- NLRB Seeks To Reinforce Employee Choice Through Regulatory Changes
- Fourth Circuit Affirms Abuse of Discretion Finding in Denial of Coverage for Long Term Disability Claim
- Workplace Safety and Summer Heat
- Charge of Discrimination is Not Jurisdictional: U.S. Supreme Court Makes Dismissal of Discrimination Claims More Difficult for Employers
- OSHA Citation of Employer for Failing to do More to Prevent Workplace Violence Upheld
- EEO-1 Pay Data Deadline Reinstated
October 9, 2019
The 2019 series will provide critical insights on key topics such as leave issues, safety and health updates, compliance and risk mitigation, cybersecurity and employee privacy among other topics.
Employment and Labor Law News & Media Coverage
August 15, 2019
Seventy-six Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the 2020 Best Lawyers in America® list, while fourteen have been highlighted as "Lawyer of the Year" in their respective categories.
May 1, 2019
Nexsen Pruet has ranked highly in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for another year.
"Surveillance and Privacy in the Workplace"
May 8, 2019
This presentation covered video monitoring to computer data to person information, employers must carefully balance business needs and workplace privacy.
"Home Alone: Legal issues When Employees Work From Home/Telecommute"
April 25, 2019
This presentation discusses telecommuting policy best practices.
"Pregnancy in the Workplace"
November 13, 2018
This presentation describes accommodations, discrimination risks, and related workplace procedures and policies.
Employers Desk Reference for the Carolinas
This employer's desk reference provides a general guide to some of the issues that are faced by human resources managers.
HR Tool Kit Videos
- FMLA Basics
- OSHA Inspections Overview
- Preparing for FLSA Investigations
- Surviving Unemployment Claims