Employment Law Resources & News
Articles we've recently shared:
- U.S. Department of Labor Proposes New Test for Independent Contractor Status
- Pandemic Pitfalls for the Unwary: NLRA Rights for Non-Union Employees
- As OSHA Enforcement Increases, Workplace Safety Compliance Could Reduce Need for More Coronavirus-Related Lockdowns
- Revised Department of Labor Regulations Necessitate Job-Specific Assessment by Health Care Providers for Employees' Potential FFCRA Leave Entitlement
- DOL Revises Rules Governing FFCRA COVID-19 Related Leave
- EEOC Updates COVID-19 Guidance
- Retirement Plan Sponsors Must Soon Provide Annual Lifetime Income Illustrations
- Employers' Great Balancing Act in Reopening: An Update for Employers on Returning to Work
- What Should Businesses Tell Employees and Third Parties When an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19?
- IRS Provides Cafeteria Plans New Temporary COVID-19 Flexibility
- Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020
- School is Out For Summer - Is FFCRA Leave Out Too?
The 2020 series will provide critical insights on key topics such as workplace investigations, privacy issues, best practices for protecting trade secrets, managing OSHA inspections and defending whistleblower claims, employee leave and workplace accommodations, and best practices for handling harassment, discrimination, and employee disciplinary issues.
2020 Employment Law Certificate Series: Building Workplaces that Win: Employee Leave and Workplace Accommodations: Common Employer Pitfalls & Legal Update
October 14, 2020
Employment and Labor Law News & Media Coverage
Pro Bono Champion: Melissa Spence
June 2, 2020
Employers Desk Reference for the Carolinas
This employer's desk reference provides a general guide to some of the issues that are faced by human resources managers.
HR Tool Kit Videos
- FMLA Basics
- OSHA Inspections Overview
- Preparing for FLSA Investigations
- Surviving Unemployment Claims