Estate Planning and Wealth Transfer Planning
Our high net worth clients often have unique needs, goals and concerns. After six decades of serving individuals and families with estate and wealth transfer planning, we can be your trusted advisor.
Our team’s comprehensive client services include:
- Customizing estate plans to the individual needs of clients and their family members across generations.
- Determining the best options for transferring wealth on a tax-efficient basis.
- Helping clients maneuver the complex issues associated with succession planning for family businesses.
- Advising clients on the formation and operation of private family foundations.
- Assisting clients in developing asset-protection strategies.
- Preparing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements and providing related business and tax advice.
We assist clients in the preparation of everything from a simple will to more complex trusts. Trusts typically prepared include:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- ILITs (Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts)
- Grandchildren Trusts (Crummey Trusts)
- QPRTs (Qualified Personal Residence Trusts)
- GRATs (Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts)
- IDGTs (Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts)
- Special Needs Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
We also assist our clients in all aspects of the Probate Court administration process, including probating wills, prosecuting or defending will or trust challenges, and prosecuting or defending estate and trust administration issues.
The tax attorneys at Nexsen Pruet have broad experience in income, estate and gift tax planning for individuals and their family businesses, and in the administration and taxation of estates and trusts. Our breadth of experience allows us to provide comprehensive wealth transfer advice to our clients.
Nexsen Pruet’s services in this area include drafting wills and trust agreements to achieve income, gift and estate tax savings, and handling all aspects of the administration of estates and trusts.