April 13, 2016
On Friday April 8, 2016 Nexsen Pruet hosted an Economic Development Fundamentals Seminar. The seminar featured several presentations by Nexsen Pruet attorney's:
- Burnie Maybank discussed SC FOIA and NonProfits, Income Tax Comparisons, and Sales Tax;
- Tushar Chikhliker spoke about Property tax Basics and Incentives;
- Chris Kouri provided an overview of NC Incentives;
- John Wall looked at how SC ranks in economic development;
- Jim Rourke covered Monetizing Tax Credits.
Other presenters included Jason Turner from the Department of Revenue, Ford Graham the Director of International Investment at the Department of Commerice, Sylvan Proser the Tax Research manager at the Department of Revenue gave a presentation on Utility Tax Credit, Cyndy Turnipseed from SC Department of Commerce, Karen Manning the General Counsel at the SC Department of Commerce, Suzan Carroll-Ramsey from SC Ports Authority and Micah Mallace the Manager of Strategic Projects at SC Ports Authority.