Join us this fall for a seminar on AIA Contract Documents series and NC Lien Law, held in three locations across North Carolina!
We've been attorneys to the construction industry throughout the Carolinas for years, and have seen the bumps in the road. We know our local construction industry faces legal issues that cut across virtually every aspect of the business — from contract reviews to permitting, insurance to financing, delays to cumulative impact, and surety bond claims. How you resolve them can have a major impact on your company, your image, and your bottom line.
Nexsen Pruet's team of Construction attorneys understands the many sides of the industry. Our lawyers have the experience needed to help manage and overcome the diverse challenges you deal with every day.
Broad industry experience
We are proud to have developed one of the leading construction practices in the Carolinas. Our experience touches on all areas of the industry, including:
- Pre-construction planning
- Employment issues
- Federal, state and local procurement
- Environmental permitting
- Project financing
- Contract drafting and review
- Claims preparation
- Litigation, including multi-party and complex construction-related litigation in state and federal courts
- Mediation and arbitration proceedings
- Mechanics' liens and bond claims
- Surety and insurance matters
- Insurance coverage actions
We represent clients throughout the Southeast and nationally, including public and private owners, developers, design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Our attorneys have been involved in many successful construction projects in both the public and private sectors including educational and medical buildings, infrastructure improvements, industrial and manufacturing facilities, and hospitality projects.
Leveraging our resources for you
We often work with attorneys from other practice areas, including:
- The Environmental Group concerning issues of air and water quality
- The Commercial Real Estate Group in the financing and development aspects of projects
- The Employment and Labor Group for the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- The Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Group when project participants encounter financial difficulties
Accomplished Construction Attorneys
U.S. News & World Report "Best Law Firms"
Best Lawyers in America ®
Legal industry peers have recognized six NP Construction team members in the 2018 edition of Best Lawyers in America®.
Business North Carolina magazine has recognized three NP Construction team members in the 2017 edition.